Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What's With The Name Change?


Apologies for the change of name, thought the other was a little long winded!

Why 'Mrs Lady Beatle', you ask?

Yes, I am more than aware that Lady Beetle is spelt with two e's, as opposed to an e and then an a, however this is based on a sweet little story...

Growing up, my darling husband was dubbed 'Beatle' by his friends. This somewhat unfortunate nickname came about due to his haircut, which (they thought!) made him resemble the long-lost fifth member of the infamous Beatles.

Fast forward to our wedding day and during the speeches, the following comment was made by his best friend & groomsman: "Well, Rhi, with you marrying Beatle, I guess we need to call you Lady Beatle now"

It prompted many giggles from those in the know and to this day, the story still brings a smile to my face.

So that's the reasoning behind my new blog name.

xx

PS: We are 3.5 years into our marriage and it has been 9 years since DH graduate high school & he was called 'Beatle' as recently as this past weekend. I guess old habits die hard! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment