Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday afternoon....

Firstly, note to self. 1. Remember to blog. 2. When you do remember to blog, please remember your password!

This morning was the usual swimming/dancing/house clean/mountain of washing-to-to routine. Pretty standard for a Saturday morning. L's swimming teacher has decided that he's ready to move up to the next class, so that's exciting! I has her first set of dancing exams on Monday morning also, so no doubt there'll be proud Mama posts over the next week or so!

On the cooking front, I had an abundance of lemons left after my market run last Saturday morning, so I currently have a lemon loaf baking. If the batter is any indication on how it will taste once cooked, it's going to be delicious!

Lemon Loaf
(based roughly on a basic butter cake recipe...)

125g butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 small lemons, rind finely grated (or 1 large) (I also added a tablespoon or two of lemon juice)
2 eggs
1/2 cups SR flour, sifted
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 for a fan forced oven)
Grease or oil spray a loaf tin
Cream butter, sugar and rind until fluffy using an electric mixer
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
Add half the flour & half the milk, stir gently until just combined
Fold in remaining flour & remaining milk
Pour mixture into prepared tin (batter will be quite thick)
Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.

My experimental Chocolate Perky Nana cupcakes went down a treat last weekend, so when I find my USB cable, I'll make another batch, post the recipe and a couple of pictures.

Off to battle with L for him to have an afternoon nap - wish me luck!

PS: If and when I'm victorious, I might have a slice of lemon loaf to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment